Welcome to SA’s Best Car scrap yards Near Me
Selling your vehicle to a car scrap yards near me can be a great way to get rid of:
- An old car
- A damaged car
- And a way to make some extra cash
However, with so many car scrap yards out there, it can be tough to know where to start.
- Click here for a local scrap yard near me
Looking for a reliable and affordable scrap yard to sell your car to?
In this article, we’ll go over some important things to keep in mind when searching for a scrap yard near me car.
Searching for a scrap yard
Follow these steps to finding a scrap yard near you
Search Online and see below:
- Potential car scrap yards to choose from.
- However, not all scrap yards will be the same
- Important to do your research before choosing one.
Check the scrap yard’s Website Once you have a list of potential car scrap yards, it’s time to check their websites. This will help you determine:
- If the yard accepts the type of car
- Whether they offer free towing or require you to deliver the car to their yard.
- Some scrap yards may only accept certain types of cars
- Find one that accepts the make and model of your car.
Additionally, some car scrap yards may offer:
- Free towing services for your car
- Payment to deliver the car to their yard.
- If you don’t have a way to transport your car, it’s best to look for a car scrap yard that offers free towing.
Read Reviews and Testimonials:
- Reading reviews and testimonials from previous customers can help you determine if a scrap yard is reputable and trustworthy.
- You can find reviews on the car scrap yard’s website, as well as on third-party review sites like Google and Yelp.
Look for car scrap yards with mostly positive reviews, and read through the negative reviews to see if there are any common complaints.
For example, if multiple customers complain about:
- A particular car scrap yard not paying enough
- It may be best to avoid that car scrap yard.
Compare Rates and Prices Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential car scrap yards, it’s time to compare rates and prices. Note that:
- Prices can vary based on the condition
- Age of your car, as well as its make and model.
- Some car scrap yards may offer higher rates for certain types of cars
- Others may offer a flat rate regardless of the make and model.
It’s important to get quotes from multiple scrap yards to ensure that you’re getting the best deal for your car.
Be sure to provide the following accurate information about your car:
This will help the car scrap yard give you an accurate quote.
Choose a yard After comparing rates and prices and reading reviews, it’s time to choose a scrap yard to sell your car to. Some popular car scrap yards services in South Africa include:
- Car Scrapyard offers:
- Competitive prices
- Free towing for cars in Durban and surrounding areas.
- Rates for scrap cars start at around R2000.
- Car Salvage Solutions accepts:
- Cars of all makes
- Cars of models
- Offers free quotes for your car.
- Prices start at around R1500 for scrap cars.
- Vehicle Scrapyard with many years in the industry:
- Business for over 50 years
- Offers cash for your car on the spot.
- Prices start at around R2000 for scrap cars.
Before selling your vehicle to a scrap yard
Here are a few things you should do before selling your car to the scrap yard
Before you sell your car to a scrap yard, make sure to remove any personal belongings from the car. Some place to look in:
- Check the glove box
- Special compartments
- Check everywhere to make sure you haven’t left anything behind.
Sell your car to a scrap yard
Get the Necessary Paperwork this can include:
- Car title deed
- Car registration papers
- Your ID/Passport
Make sure to gather all the necessary paperwork and have it ready when you go to the scrap yard.
Cancel Insurance and Registration:
- Once you’ve sold your car to a scrap yard cancel your insurance
- Cancel your name on car registration.
- Ensure that you’re not responsible for any accidents
- Avoid incidents that happen with the car after you’ve sold it.
Remove License Plates:
- Before you sell your car to a scrap yard, make sure to remove the license plates.
- In some provinces, you’re required to turn in the license plates to the License Department after you’ve sold the car.
Check for Valuable Parts, if your car has any valuable parts, such as:
- A battery
- Catalytic converter
- You want to remove them before selling the car to a scrap yard.
- You are be able to sell these parts separately for more money.
Get Multiple Quotes
Before you sell your car to a scrap yard, it’s a good idea to get multiple quotes. This will help you make sure you’re getting a fair price for your car:
- Be sure to provide accurate information about your car
- Including its make and model, year, and condition.
Choose a Reputable Car Scrap Yard
When selling your car to a scrap yard, it’s important to:
- Choose a reputable scrap yard.
- Look for a scrap yard that has positive reviews
- Look for a scrap yard that’s been operating for a while.
- You may also want to check if the scrap yard is a member of the Automotive Recyclers Association (ARA).
By following these steps, you can ensure:
- You’re getting the best price for your car
- The process of selling your car to a scrap yard goes smoothly.
- Remember to remove personal belongings
- Get the necessary paperwork
- Cancel insurance
- Cancel car registration
- Remove license plates
- Check for valuable parts
- get multiple quotes
- You choose a reputable scrap yard.
7 reasons why you might consider selling your car to a scrap yard near you:
- Your Car is No Longer Running:
- If your car is no longer running
- Car is not worth the cost of repairs
- Selling it to a scrap yard may be the best option.
- You Want to Get Rid of Your Car Quickly:
- Selling your car to a scrap yard is quick and easy
- You don’t have to worry about advertising the car
- You don’t have to look for potential buyers
- No need for negotiating a price.
- You Want to Get Cash for Your Car:
- Selling your car to a scrap yard to get extra cash.
- Quick cash without having to sell privately
- Get cash on the spot without having to wait for a check to clear.
- You Want to Free Up Space:
- Save space in garage
- Free space in the driveway
- Selling it to a scrap yard can help free up space for other things.
- You Want to Help the Environment:
- Car is dismantled safely
- Car is recycled for new materials
- helps reduce waste
- Better for the environment than just letting the car sit in a landfill.
- You Want to Avoid Liability:
- If your car is no longer running
- Car is in poor condition
- You may be liable if someone gets hurt while trying to fix it.
- By selling the car to a scrap yard, you can avoid this liability.
- You Want to Support Local Business: By selling your car to a local scrap yard, you can:
- Support a local business
- Keep money in your community.
Conclusion on Car Scrap Yard Near Me
Selling your car to a scrap yard near you is great if you want to save the environment but also if you are looking to:
- Save on costs by working with a car scrap yard near you
- Find a reputable scrap yard
- Sell your car for a fair price
- Ensure you cars paperwork is in order
- Remember to remove your things in the car before selling
- Get rid of an old car quickly
- Make extra cash
- Selling your car to a scrap yard is a great option.